“I’m far from emotional, but I am terrible at holding what little emotions I have in. What is that?”
THAT’S THE Fe MAN. It’s all over your face! Straight up INTP right there. I was on skype the other day and they have that thing where your face is in a little box at the bottom of the screen with the other person’s face, and there was some weird skype malfunction where my screen was going really slowly, and it was weird watching all the different expressions i made. Didn’t even realize my face was changing.
ps. Lol you’re not dumb. Please, you like languages and Homestuck, it says so right there.
i am just a poor neopet owner trying 2 get thru life and i have to pay 1,316 neopoints for a carrot and i will not stand for it
So apparently I’m borderline J to P or P to J….I don’t really know…some days I think I’m a P some days a J….so I switch back and forth a lot of times xD…..I hope that doesn’t mean I developed a second personality .____.
You know you’re an INTJ when… (Bold = ones I relate to.)
- You root for the smart villain rather than the dumb hero. [accurate]
- You have more books that you call friends than actual people.
- Before every situation you think out every possible outcome and work your way towards the ideal one.
- People think you’re angry or upset when really you are just thinking.
- You can do the INTJ stare, that look of pure analyzing coupled with a slightly sardonic smile that makes people feel uneasy.
- Nothing is ever done efficiently enough. Other peoples’ incompetence slows you down through your day and it happens far too often.
- What do you mean you don’t have a plan?
- You always forget if you locked your car because you always space out when you do it.
- You also forget where you parked your car for the same reason. You were too focused on what you were going to do next.
- You have a fairly organized room but you have little piles of crap in various corners and shelves. These are your ideas that you are still waiting to get around to. Some are in pieces, some are half made. You should really get around to giving your android army their appendages otherwise your plan to take over Washington D.C., London, Beijing, Moscow, and Tokyo will never work. They are getting impatient.
- You walk out of romance movies in disgust and laugh through horror flicks.
- You go onto a discussion board of like-minded people and don’t agree with any of them.
- You silently listen to people trying to figure out how to do something, then chime in with the correct way while they stare at you stunned because they didn’t think you were paying attention.
- You look at every conflict situation as an interesting idea, and it pisses off the person you’re in a conflict with.
- Someone tries to hurt you with words and you don’t feel a thing, in fact, you kind of find it funny.
- You have 3-10 different conversations in your head with the person you’re actually talking to. [*nervous laugh*]
- You have your favorite type of agenda book.
- You never leave your house without some kind of list. Usually it’s in your head.
- You constantly get asked WHY and HOW do you think your life plan will work out, and have trouble explaining the amount of contingency plans you have built in.
- A “life plan” is irrelevant because you know anything could happen that is out of your control and you have to stay flexible and work out various scenarios. There is no one answer. [failure is always an option]
- You have actually thought out ways in which you could escape a prison if you were ever locked up. [oops…]
- You have serious plans for events such as tidal waves, zombie uprisings, nuclear war, etc…
- You can better explain and understand things like time travel, alternate realities and fringe sciences that you can members of popular bands, reality tv shows or flirting. [.___.]
- You greet a person with, “I’ve been thinking about…”
- You constantly watch the way people do things and create more efficient ways of doing them.
- You upset people by telling them, “The way you’re doing [thus and thus] is interesting, but you should do it [in this more efficient manner].”
- Assessing flaws in a security system is second nature to you.
- Someone starts a sentence with “Why don’t you…” and you turn and give them a very mean look.
- When you just finished explaining something profound and interesting and the person who are talking to goes “HUH?” [ugh. I seriously hate that]
- When people say you always look like you are planning/plotting something; the association then often makes them conclude that you look evil. (Pretty fucking much.)
- You’re listening to someone you quickly jump ahead to their point while multi-processing their motive for telling you, how they jumped to that topic, what level of response will be adequate (verbal, head nod, etc.), and planning whatever it is you rather be doing…all before they even finish their sentence.
- When everyone expects you to give a lengthy speech on a subject in class debate you are indifferent to and give said speech in five or six sentences. [hahaha…hahaha….hahaha .___.]
- You get called out in class for excessive daydreaming but still get top marks somehow to the annoyance of most present.
- When you really, honestly don’t care what most other people think about you, and are perfectly fine doing things your own way.
- When you have a large mess but know exactly where everything is and people are amazed that you can find anything. You also go through cycles of neat-messy-neat-messy-neat.You are never rigidly neat, you are never overwhelmingly messy.
- When in a debate, your most commonly used phrase is “Could I get some proof for that?”
- When you can effectively argue both sides of a debate, you just pick one for fun.
- You uphold the belief that it is possible to be perfectly social without actually speaking.
- More often than not, you bow your head while walking, and are an expert at ‘crowd dodging’
- You indulge in, and are quite renowned among friends for, making completely random, yet very accurate observations.
- You think about the very thing which you are not doing.
- If wikipedia was a person, you would marry it. If possible, you would download the internet into your mind.(and have probably tried)
- You frequently entertain the thought that you can make peoples heads explode simply by concentrating pure hatred on them.Or at least, you wish it were so.
- You often fantasise about being part of a wordlwide virtual reality, or becoming an all powerful demigod,or something of the like.
- When sitting on any public chair which has more than one seat side by side, you kindly make sure that your dearest -whatever you’re carrying- has a seat to itself.
- No-one* finds you funny but yourself, and despite this, you are always trying to make clever jokes that no-one gets.
- You have spent a whole night of not sleeping, pondering something, and then after asking someone about it the next day, realise that you’re the only one which seems to care.
- You can get a lot done, as long as they’re the stuff you’re not meant to be doing.
- You’ve been told that you think too much.
- People have called you heartless.
- You’re absolutely certain that you’re destined for Hell.
- You confuse everyone around you with words far too long for casual conversation.
- You think this list is a great gift to all humanity. (1)
- You laugh at the Titanic sinking but Wall-E steals your heart.
- You’re not paranoid, it’s all perfectly logical
- You’ve played the “but why” game with your parents. (2)
- You actually care about accuracy.
- You flinch when touched.
- You don’t understand half of the funny looks people give you.
- Sometimes you come up with something that you think is exactly how you wanted to put it, but people just get more confused, despite how simple it seems to you.
- You have hit someone for trying to give you a hug.
- You announce that you’ve lost the game randomly, and don’t even notice the funny looks.
- You understand a difficult concept in class but cannot explain it to someone else in a way they could comprehend.
- You love to give everyone you meet a hug.
- You wear brightly colored clothes and have a positive view of life. (3)
- You believe people are basically good. (4)
- You fear robots for being too inhuman. (5)
- You think the “Singularity” is a cell phone company. (6)
- You really want to correct people’s spelling and/or grammar but you try and stay silent.
Two things to say here. See the ‘read more’:
Yeah I’m with lithium on this one. These lists go through various personality traits which can really be individual, rather than looking at the framework a person uses to view the world. It’s the framework that Meyers Briggs can inform you about. Individuals do all sorts of weird shit.
To respond to lithium more directly:
2. Yeah, it’s about learning, not pissing them off. If they do get pissed off, I assume it’s because they don’t like realizing there’s things they don’t know well enough to explain them to a child. Thankfully, the internet now lets us find all that shit out for ourselves.
3. Agreed to a point. First, bright clothes and a positive outlook are so far from affiliated. I guess they could be connected if you’re looking at it from the point of view that people who like to attract attention are generally more engaged in the world, and therefore probably like it better, but that’s kind of a string of assumptions. Also, I’d have to know what you mean by a “good outlook”. There’s a difference between general optimism and naivete. For what it’s worth, though, I usually wear grey.
4. Here I do disagree with you. I suspect we’re just looking at the question differently, but I define a good person as somebody who does what they believe to be right for reasons which they believe justify those actions, and also don’t intend harm to others. I think most people are like that. Individually, anyway; when you get into larger social groups and “mob mentality” all that sort of goes out the window. In that kind of situation it seems like there’s a disconnect between what people honestly believe and what they do. But I’m digressing majorly.
5. Rationality without empathy is a tough one, and I really don’t know what I think about it. Empathy is extremely important; the difference between a normal person and a psychopath is lack of empathy. I guess the situation where I’d be worried is if the robot developed a rational self-interest, but lacked the capacity for empathy. Regarding your boat example, a human leader might not want to leave anybody behind, and so come up with some innovative solution to save everybody that the robot would not have considered, because it was concerned with the most practical immediate solution. I don’t think that’s particularly idealistic or irrational. Riskier, maybe, and more irrational in that sense?
6. Yes. Yes yes yes. That one pissed me off.
I like what you said about the differences. The stare is hilariously true. My INTJ friend does it, and I usually end up making faces at him until he makes a face back or rolls his eyes. As far as P and J go, I would say that I can sometimes be more “J” in the sense that I get down to business and focus on the end result, but the process is never the same as for a person with an actual J preference because, like you said, the function order is so different.
I’m in a talky mood and I don’t want to work, so if anybody has, you know, things to say…
The procrastination train is getting really close to the station so it’s just getting slower and slower. It’s gonna be a busy day on tumblr, guyz.
I wish I was an INTP, or at least, still uncertain (INXP). I feel like INFP is boring, or at least it challenges/contradicts my self-image or ideal. T is definitely what I value…..maybe I should just work at it.
Maybe I just hate feelings hahahah, or the idea that I may be sensitive
I am though
I’m not a “healer” though!
edit: taking it at 21 will cement it for me though, so I got a little over a year bwahahaha (I know that’s not how it works xD)
edit edit: it’s bad enough my sun sign is Cancer! But that’s okay because there’s hope with my moon sign, the detached and intellectual Aquarius >:) (don’t get angry [intp] astrology-haters, it may be chance but I like the random cards I’ve been dealt, they’re super cool. If it didn’t compliment or fit me much I’d probably have lost interest HAH (like my sister’s, hers are kinda boring and don’t fit so we both didn’t look much into them)).
[defensively insert unique justifying excuse for taking part in mass-cultural obsession with pseudoscience here. it’s different, I’m special, of course I don’t really believe it, I just think it’s interesting, it’s fun, archetypes, I have a phD]
Haha no, INFPs are awesome! The “healer” stereotype is for INFPs what the “robot” stereotype is for INTPs - a simplistic descriptor which isn’t really accurate but is a general analogy. So yeah, a stereotype.
If you don’t think it fits you, you definitely don’t have to commit to it. It’s probably good to remember that it’s who you are that tells you your type, not your type that tells you who you are. My advice would be to read up on the types that you feel fit you best, get lots of different perspectives on them, and you’ll probably find the one which suits you best. MBTI is supposed to help you, after all, not stress you out. :)
Also, types should be seen as explanations of how you tend to think about and see the world, not as predictors of how you will act and what your future will be. I mean, it’s not astrology (hehehe).
Sweet Jesus! Okay, you win! I will talk about INTJs and INTPs!
But, once again, I have to start by stressing that any type can have a successful and fulfilling relationship with any other type. This is just a broad generalization of how these two types tend to differ and interact. With that in mind, let’s get on with the post.
ok imma go through this, let’s do it
The easiest way to describe the difference between these two types would be to say that INTJs like to put things together and INTPs like to pull them apart.
Yeah that makes sense. I like that. Concise.
for my funeral
i want all of my guests to sit in a circle in a dimly lit hall
they have to sit through mozart’s requiem in its entirety
the music will be followed by 10 minutes of silence
after which my naked, dead body will be dropped from the ceiling into the very center of the circle of guests
my body will have been stuffed with various explosives so once it hits the ground, my innards will be strewn around the hall
the doors to the hall will be locked from the outside for 30 minutes
the guests may leave after that time